Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hannah Kate

Hannah Kate has arrived! She was born on Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 9:56 PM. She weighed 7 lbs 8.8 oz and was 20 inches long. She is such a beautiful little princess. My sis had told me the day before that she was having contractions 3-5 minutes apart. I kept my phone in my pocket all night at work in case she went into labor. The next day I came home and went to sleep but got a text saying that she had gone to the hospital. When I woke up, I still didn't have any updates. I texted everyone in my family to see what was going on but nobody responded. Finally I called the Sharlows and John said that Jill had been sent home and wasn't feeling very well. I decided to take a shower and get ready for work, just in case Jill went back to the hospital. Sure enough, I got a call from Jill around 7:30 saying that she thought her water broke and was going back to the hospital. I quickly finished getting ready and met my mom at the hospital shortly after 8. We got up to the room shorly before Jill got her epidural. I quickly learned that everyone had to be quiet and not talk during her contractions. The anesthesiologist then came and started her epidural. Jill was back to her old self. About an hour later, the nurse came in to put in her Foley. She quickly discovered that Hannah's head was right there! We just laughed because the same thing happened with Harrison. The nurse called the doctor and Hannah was delivered less than 10 minutes later after 1 push! She is such a precious girl and we are so blessed to have her in our family!

Jill waiting to meet Hannah


Aunt Brittany and Hannah Kate



Love all her bows!



No comments: